Friday 27 July 2012

Pirates etc.

I have to apologise for not keeping this blog as up to date as frequently as I once did. I see that I've even failed to mention the appearance of a book by a chap calling himself 'a gentleman of Hastings' about the Netherwood guest house on the south coast. I understand that the majority of copies have been sold and that potential buyers should secure one in the next few weeks before they've all gone. Pirate Day in Hastings last Sunday was extremely busy and hot: we now hold the world record for the largest number of people dressed as pirates (14231 - including me, my wife and son) according the the man from the Guinness Book of Records) assembled in one place. At 5.30 precisely the Red Arrows zoomed above our road and performed a half-hour display over the sea - the crowds were huge and traffic was reduced to a standstill for about an hour. Last night saw the Bauhaus exhibition at the Barbican ( we went between 8.30 and 10.00pm, when it was quiet). I'm always impressed by Kandinsky's abstractions and I'd love to see a proper retrospective of Paul Klee's work in London at some point. It's fun to play the influence/rip off game (particularly thinking of 1980s designers) as you go round. We need more of these utopian projects today.

No comments: